I've been thinking that if I want to find romance books enjoyable again I must renew the acquaintance with my favourite trope. I don't have to tell what a trope is. You may love or despise them, but they are out there in Romancelandia.
My favourite trope is "Hero chases heroine".
I love it when the right honorable man pursues the girl he has fallen in love with. Nothing gives me more satisfaction.
So I have looked up a list "Historical Romance: He chases after her" at Goodreads and would like to try. I read the first eight books in the past and found some of them extrordinary and some simply ordinary.
The book I'm going to read next is Mary Balogh - Slightly dangerous.
I'm not a Balogh's fan though I have enjoyed some of her books. Too much angst for my taste. I haven't read anything from this series. I truly hope it's not about a heroine who throws caution to the wind and goes to bed with the hero straightaway simply because she wants it. In modern times - yes, in those times - definite no. Hope I'll like it.
My favourite trope is "Hero chases heroine".
I love it when the right honorable man pursues the girl he has fallen in love with. Nothing gives me more satisfaction.
So I have looked up a list "Historical Romance: He chases after her" at Goodreads and would like to try. I read the first eight books in the past and found some of them extrordinary and some simply ordinary.
The book I'm going to read next is Mary Balogh - Slightly dangerous.
I'm not a Balogh's fan though I have enjoyed some of her books. Too much angst for my taste. I haven't read anything from this series. I truly hope it's not about a heroine who throws caution to the wind and goes to bed with the hero straightaway simply because she wants it. In modern times - yes, in those times - definite no. Hope I'll like it.

Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий